Native Council of PEI
The Native Council of PEI is opening a Low-Barrier Men’s Homeless Shelter in Summerside. The shelter will work to provide wraparound care while maintaining a safe and respectful environment for both residents and staff. The Shelter Resource Manager will
manage the day-to-day operations of the shelter while providing a trauma-informed, non-judgmental approach to care.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Ensure safety of residents and staff throughout shift.
• Connect residents to cultural, addiction and metal health supports.
• Monitor and maintain high standards of physical safety in the shelter unit as evidenced by weekly inspection reports, accident reports, investigation reports, and compliance with all safety regulations.
• Ensure completion/submission of all required reports as scheduled.
• Routinely review all required reports, logs, mails, maintaining an organized filing system.
• Order supplies and materials as needed.
• Provide direct and indirect supervision to the shelter team.
• Oversee the scheduling of staff.
• Responsible for the day-to-day operations to include the intake and referral programs, managing the operations budget,
managing the resource planning and ensure all health safety requirements are effectively maintained.
• Oversee client intakes, safety checks, and storage of resident’s belongings.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
• Bachelor’s degree in Human Services or related field.
• Experience working with individuals with substance abuse and mental health issues.
• Experience working with the Indigenous community.
• 3-5 years direct service experience in an emergency shelter or in homeless services management.
• The ability to demonstrate deep respect not only for clients but for the teams they support, as well as peers and community
• Applied Suicide Intervention Skills (ASIST) certification, Naloxone training, First Aid and CPR certifications would be considered assets.
• Excellent communication and judgement skills.
• Capable of sustained physical activity.
• The ability to work flexible shifts.
• Completion of a Vulnerable Sector
As per section 16(1) of the Canadian Human Rights Act: Preference will be given to persons of Indigenous ancestry.
You must sign in to apply for this position.