Native Council of PEI
The Property Manager will be responsible for the day-to-day administration, management, and servicing of all 56 rent-geared-toincome units under Nanegkam Housing properties located in Charlottetown and Summerside. This position reports to the Chair of Nanegkam Housing Board (NCPEI President & Chief), and ultimately to the Nanegkam Housing Board of Directors.
A high level of interpersonal skills and experience pertaining to client relations and program administration is required. Experience related to budgeting, proposal writing, assets and property management, housing compliance standards and Board relations are all factors that will be measured for prospective candidates.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Manager and administer all housing units, services, and properties.
• Maintain new and existing records of all tenants in compliance with the established standards and in agreements with the Federal Community Housing Initiatives.
• Monitor and coordinate operating agreements with Canadian Mortgage and Housing Corporation.
• Work with tenants and Maintenance Coordinator to resolve housing situations, repairs, standards, and tenant compliance as outlined in the Nanegkam Housing Tenancy Agreements.
• Explore funding opportunities for sustainable housing and energy efficiency upgrades.
• Enforce housing related policies and bylaws.
• Provide monthly financial reports and analysis to the Board.
• Provide support to the Nanegkam Housing Board.
• Assess, assign, and prioritize work to repairs and maintenance staff.
• Maintain internal controls and standards concerning maintenance & repairs, records, purchasing criteria, accounts receivable procedures and program equipment.
• Work with Native Council housing support staff to understand the needs of the community and monitor members in need of housing.
• Processing payables, issuing cheques, accepting e-transfers, posting rent invoices and receipts, and other financial reporting.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
• Post-secondary education and/or training in business administration, property management, or a related field; equivalent combination of training and experience may be considered.
• Valid Class 5 PEI Driver’s license with access to vehicle.
• Vulnerable record check is required prior to commencing employment.
• Strong skills and knowledge in using MS Office software (Excel, Word, Outlook), and Sage50.
• Team orientated, ability to take initiative and work independently.
• Organized, accountable, responsible, and able to maintain confidentiality.
• Demonstrate excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Able to demonstrate strong leadership skills and handle difficult situations with tact and sound judgement.
You must sign in to apply for this position.