Atlantic Beef Products Inc.
Why work for us?
At Atlantic Beef Products Inc, we value our employees. We employ the best and talented professionals into our production, quality, maintenance, marketing, and management roles. We are a goal driven company with a mission to provide our customers with high-quality Atlantic Canada produced beef products while building a sustainable business to support the regional beef industry.
We offer competitive pay, comprehensive benefits that are tailored to our employees needs, excellent career growth and development opportunities, work life balance, employee discounts, reimbursements, and more. Our benefits include;
- Employee benefits plan (medical, dental, life insurance, vision)
- Disability Insurance
- Employee store discounts
- Company product purchase plan
The Procurement & Barn Coordinator will oversee the purchase and inventory operations of hide room, barn, and yard at Atlantic Beef Products. Reports to Vice President of Operations & Kill Floor Manager/Supervisor.
Job Functions /Responsibilities:
- Schedule and receive cattle
- Reconcile cattle receiving and invoicing
- Complete and submit grading information on a weekly basis
- Do the physical count of packing and being responsible ordering for maintaining inventory levels
- Communicate effectively with employees and livestock producers
- Have a strong understanding of quality and ensure that all quality and safety procedures are followed at all times
- Manage weekly schedule
- Train staff and new hires
- Ensure all regulations are being followed pertaining to animal handling
- Other duties as assigned
Requirements & Qualifications:
- Experience in working with Animals (cattle)
- 3 – 5 years of manufacturing/production experience; preferably beef industry
- 3 – 5 years yard or barn experience (preferably cattle)
- Human animal handling certificate is an asset
- Ability to operate skid steer is an asset
- Proven initiative and leadership skills
- Good computer skills in using software’s such as Excel, Word, Inventory or Sales software’s
- Strong communication, time management, organization and team building skills
- Repetitive work and willing to work in outdoor and shift work environments
- Able to lift up to 60 lbs
You must sign in to apply for this position.