Atlantic Beef Products Inc.
Why work for us?
At Atlantic Beef Products Inc, we value our employees. We employ the best and talented professionals into our production, quality, maintenance, marketing, and management roles. We are a goal driven company with a mission to provide our customers with high-quality Atlantic Canada produced beef products while building a sustainable business to support the regional beef industry.
We offer competitive pay, comprehensive benefits that are tailored to our employees needs, excellent career growth and development opportunities, work life balance, employee discounts, reimbursements, and more. Our benefits include;
- Employee benefits plan (medical, dental, life insurance, vision)
- Disability Insurance
- Employee store discounts
- Company product purchase plan
The Maintenance Technician (MT) with 4th Class Power Engineer status will work under the direction of the Maintenance Manager. MT will be a team player that will work well in a team environment or independently to keep all aspects of the production facility and its production equipment well maintained and in good working order. Another important part of the role is to ensure the continued safe and efficient operation of the organization’s boiler units through regular operational activities, maintenance and inspection.
The MT with 4th Class Power Engineer will prepare all required reports and maintain an updated logbook of daily activities including emergency call response, troubleshooting activities, and equipment readings.
- Critical Thinking
- Decision Making
- Problem Solving
- Risk Management
- Service Orientation
- Troubleshoot and evaluate problems as they arise, locating source of malfunction and performing minor repairs as required on a wide variety of equipment located throughout the facility.
- Inform necessary authority of malfunctions requiring major repair.
- Ensure the proper operation and functioning of the organization’s boilers and related equipment to provide a safe, healthy and comfortable working environment for all.
- Perform regularly scheduled preventative maintenance on boilers and related machinery.
- Conduct regular inspections of machinery and surrounding areas, making adjustments as required.
- Maintain a logbook of daily activities such as operations, maintenance, test results, instrument or computer interface readings and equipment malfunctions.
- Collaborate with the organization’s other engineers and MT’s as required to ensure safe and efficient operations.
- Perform regular tests to ensure proper functioning of equipment.
- Adjust controls and valves on equipment or computer terminal to regulate boiler operations.
- Maintain assigned area and equipment ensuring cleanliness and order at all times.
- Continually work in a safe manner ensuring adherence to safe operating procedures, relevant health and safety legislation and other governing codes and regulations.
- Be available for on call shifts on certain weekends and holidays as necessary.
- Respond to emergency situations, providing timely and appropriate resolution.
- Utilize the proper personal protective equipment at all times.
- Other shift-related duties as assigned.
- Must possess 4th class Stationary Power Engineer Certification.
- Experience in a large-scale meat or food manufacturing/processing environment considered an asset.
- Able to read and interpret various schematics and drawings.
- Attention to detail and excellent troubleshooting skills required.
- Strong mechanical inclination.
- Superior verbal and written communications skills required.
- Proven self-starter with the demonstrated ability to work well independently with little supervision and as part of a team.
- Proficiency in various Microsoft applications and Preventative Maintenance programs considered an asset.
- Interacts with all levels of the organization, therefore must be possess demonstrated interpersonal skills.
- Able to work well under pressure while maintaining professionalism at all times.
- Overtime may be required. Willingness to take some weekend and holiday on-call shifts.
- Willing to work rotation shift schedules of 8 – 12 hours.
- Ability to sit, stand, crouch, bend and reach for extended periods of time.
- Manual dexterity required.
- Lifting or moving up to 60lbs required.
Our workplace is a meat processing facility that is an environment of multi-temperatures and varying levels of humidity. We convert live cattle into Federally Inspected beef products. Please be aware that is a condition of employment to work in all areas of the plant including the slaughter processing area, as equipment maintenance needs arise.
You must sign in to apply for this position.