Native Council of PEI
The Political and Digital Communications Coordinator will develop, implement, and oversee NCPEI’s Communications Plan with a strong focus on raising the visibility, general knowledge, and political messaging of NCPEI. Political Communications will include working with policy analysts to understand key issues and synthesizing information into digestible content for the public. Digital Communications will include the management of social media and website content posts and the Gigmanag quarterly Newsletter.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Develop, implement, and oversee a Communications Plan focused on raising the visibility of NCPEI and its programs/services, political stance, and off-reserve Indigenous community.
• Attend bi-weekly meeting with Policy Analyst Team to learn and understand evolving issues relevant to the off-reserve Indigenous peoples on PEI.
• Implement communication campaigns for Media releases with a focus on advancing priorities identified by the Policy Analyst Team and leadership of NCPEI.
• Create and implement an editorial calendar of upcoming communication campaigns to promote, educate, and raise awareness of off-reserve Indigenous barriers/issues, programs/services, and community topics of interest
• Maintain and provide regular content/updates to NCPEI’s Website, Facebook, and other social media accounts.
• Create content for and oversee the development and distribution of NCPEI’s quarterly Gigmanag Newsletter.
• Analyze feedback from NCPEI’s social media campaign/platforms and make recommendations.
• Facilitate, initiate, and respond to media/news interviews pertaining to NCPEI.
• Providing media/interview training to NCPEI program coordinators, front-line staff, etc. as needed
• Arrange media involvement at and promotion of significant NCPEI events, such as National Indigenous People’s Day, Annual Pow Wow, Indigenous Veteran’s Day, and Truth and Reconciliation Day.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
• Post-Secondary Education in relevant fields (Marketing, Graphic Design, Project Management, and Event Management) or equivalent experience
• Proficient in Microsoft Office, WordPress, Adobe InDesign, Canva, Filmora, Photoshop and/or similar software
• Must be motivated and work with minimal supervision.
• Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to simplify complex information into user-friendly format.
• Strong attention to detail
• Critical thinker with strong problem-solving and research proficiencies
• Criminal record check is a pre-employment condition.
• Ability to travel to significant NCPEI events, including some evenings and weekends, is required
As per section 16(1) of the Canadian Human Rights Act: Preference will be given to persons of Indigenous ancestry.
You must sign in to apply for this position.