Native Council of PEI
The L’nu Fisheries Assistant will assist the Director of the L’nu Fisheries Limited/ Kelewatl Commission with dayto- day operations. The Assistant provides administrative and operational support to the director. The Assistant will act as a point of contact to the community and partners for the Fishing and Environmental services the L’nu Fisheries Limited/Kelewatl Commission have to offer.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Prepare, implement, and record meetings (prepare agenda, send notices, prepare meeting materials, and distribute minutes to relevant staff/board members.
• Maintain and update corporate by-laws, policies & procedures, health & safety manuals, and other essential governing documents when needed.
• Attend community, science and/or stakeholders meeting and provide debrief.
• Assist in ensuring staff/contract employees adhere to all policies & procedures, health & safety regulations, etc.
• Act as point of contact for community members inquiring about fishing and environmental programs and services.
• Provide general office support to include filing and processing of mail, emails and other messages received.
• Other duties as required by the Manager.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
• Office Administration Diploma and proven experience, or 4 years equivalent experience.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
• Familiarity with Aboriginal Communal Commercial Fishing Industry would be an asset but not necessary.
• Strong writing and note taking ability.
• Strong organizational skills.
• Ability to work independently without supervision.
• Ability to work occasional evenings and weekends when needed.
• Team player
• Valid PEI driver’s license.
You must sign in to apply for this position.