Native Council of PEI
The Language and Culture Retreat Coordinator will work with the Language and Drumming Facilitator and Coordinator
to organize a retreat in each of the three zones. Participants will be offered land based traditional teachings,
participate in crafts, music, and other cultural activities, and share their language skills through information
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Develop marketing materials, registration package, liability release forms, and exit surveys to gauge success of
• Recruit expertise and community Elders for language workshops and activities.
• Establish rules, regulations, and honorariums for retreat.
• Develop registration materials and processes
• Identify and book venues for retreats
• Complete Results Reporting identifying numbers of participants at each retreat, and summarizing results of surveys
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
• Experience facilitating programs and educational sessions.
• Some knowledge of the Mi’kmaq language would be considered an asset.
• Post-secondary education or training would be considered an asset.
• Demonstrated success working with social media (e.g., Facebook, YouTube)
• Demonstrated success working with off-reserve Indigenous communities considered an asset
• Ability to collect and compile data and prepare written reports.
• Ability to work evenings and weekends.
• Valid driver’s license and a reliable vehicle.
• Vulnerable record check is required.
You must sign in to apply for this position.