Holland College - PWC Campus
CONTINUING PART TIME POSITION: AUGUST 14, 2023 TO MAY 10, 2024
*Continuing part time positions work full time regular weekly hours each academic year.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Reporting to the Program Manager, the Lab Assistant provides strong leadership, guidance, and support to the Wildlife Conservation Technology students in the lab environment. The successful candidate will be responsible to:
• Provide support to Learning Managers by coordinating and participating in various training sessions and organizing and demonstrating lab and field activities.
• Provide lab support during instructional classes, maintain student files, and correct low stakes assignments.
• Assist students by providing direction on where to find learning materials, help students to identify College academic supports, assist with course mapping and action plans and support student program needs, as necessary.
• Provide administrative support regarding program content, scheduling, student requests, and program quality initiatives. This may include managing College QMS documentation, assisting in administering academic alerts, participating in scheduling activities, booking appointments, ordering supplies/resources, and pricing equipment.
• Store and maintain inventory and sign-out of laboratory and field equipment.
• Develop and maintain the flora and faunal teaching collections.
• Other duties as required.
• Certified Wildlife Technician or a Bachelor of Science degree with an emphasis on Wildlife Biology and Ecology with a minimum of two years relevant experience.
• Willingness to provide field support during field camps of up to five days duration in remote locations.
• Training and experience in the handling of animals.
• Experience with watershed management and planning.
• Possess or willing to obtain a Class 4 driver’s license and Standard First Aid certificate.
• Demonstrate communication (oral and written, including technical writing) skills.
• Ability to work with people and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
• Strong computer skills with experience in Microsoft Office software.
• Understanding of basic land navigation including compass and GPS/GIS.
Equal opportunity will be given to applicants of diverse backgrounds, Holland College welcomes applications from individuals with marginalized identities and accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. In keeping with the terms and provisions of the College’s various employment and collective agreements, priority may be given to internal candidates.
You must sign in to apply for this position.