Holland College - PWC Campus
TERM POSITION – August 28, 2023 to May 3, 2024
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Reporting to the Program Manager of Applied Sciences & Engineering Technology, Computer Studies and Metal Trades, the successful candidate will assist with the day-to-day operations of the BIOSCIENCE TECHNOLOGY program and will be responsible for:
• Provide support to Learning Managers by coordinating and participating in various training sessions and organizing and demonstrating lab activities.
• Maintain an inventory of consumable supplies, assist in the maintenance of laboratory cultures, and ensure proper storage and disposal of waste is followed.
• Provide lab support during instructional classes, maintain student files, and correct low stakes assignments.
• Assist students by providing direction on where to find learning materials, help students to identify College academic supports, assist with course mapping and action plans and support student program needs, as necessary.
• Provide administrative support regarding program content, scheduling, student requests, and program quality initiatives. This may include managing College QMS documentation, assisting in administering academic alerts, participating in scheduling activities, booking appointments, ordering supplies/resources, and pricing equipment.
• Store and maintain laboratory equipment.
• Other duties as required.
▪ College diploma in Bioscience or Bachelor of Science degree with an emphasis in microbiology or biochemistry.
▪ Laboratory work experience in at least one of the following areas is required: tissue culturing, molecular biology, microbiology, analytical chemistry, recombinant DNA technologies, industrial processes, QA/QC, or immunology.
• Demonstrate communication (oral and written, including technical writing) skills.
• Ability to work with people and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
• Strong computer skills with experience in Microsoft Office software.
• Experience conducting laboratory demonstrations for training would be an asset.
Equal opportunity will be given to applicants of diverse backgrounds, Holland College welcomes applications from individuals with marginalized identities and accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. In keeping with the terms and provisions of the College’s various employment and collective agreements, priority may be given to internal candidates.
You must sign in to apply for this position.