Starport Managed Services
We are looking for a service-oriented IT technician to provide remote client support while striving to achieve and surpass our service level commitments. Daily responsibilities will include application/desktop support, client backup management and challenges to enhance your technical skills. Work will be conducted from our downtown Charlottetown or Summerside office (whichever is most convenient). Our service desk model is automated with no incoming calls to individuals. Thus, technicians must be both proactive and responsive, initiating email correspondence, screen sharing sessions and outgoing calls as necessary for efficient and effective resolution of client service requests. Career growth allows for advanced technical skill development with increasing server/network support while mentoring alongside senior team members.
- Provide remote technical support for client application, hardware and network issues:
- PCs/MACs, printers, storage devices, switches & servers
- Office365 suite of products, remote desktop, VMware, Hyper-V, Datto, Veeam, Azure and AWS
- VPN and antivirus products as well as a variety of end user applications
- opportunities to work with senior team members on hardware/software/OS installation, configurations and upgrades; mail migration and office move projects; client onboarding and inventory audits
- Working closely with senior team members to ensure best practices and proactive planning for client environments, balanced with timely responsiveness to mission-critical emergencies:
- hardware failure, virus outbreaks, cyber attacks, utility interruptions, compromised security/infrastructure
- Proactively monitor servers, applications and services using a combination of remote tools
- Follow-up with clients, provide feedback and see assigned issues through to resolution
- Properly escalate unresolved queries to the next level of support, working closely with senior technical team members or third-party vendors as necessary to resolve outstanding issues
- Update/close client tickets, maintain client IT documentation and enter daily time records
- Shift schedules – Mon-Fri, 8:45am-5:15pm – one recurring late shift/week, 12:45pm-9:15pm
- Good communication, organizational and time-management skills
- Strong client service skills and confidence when interacting with executive end users
- Strong troubleshooting and multi-tasking skills in a fast-paced team environment
- Working knowledge of ticket systems (CRM), remote management tools (RMM) and screensharing tools
- Strong proficiency in English – both spoken and written
- High School Diploma and at least one of the following:
- Degree or Diploma in Information Technology, Computer Science or equivalent
- IT industry certification
- experience providing remote technical support in a professional environment
- Recommended Experience: 2+ years of professional technical support
- All Starport candidates/employees must pass a security background check (to be completed annually)
Founded in 2006, Starport is a leading Managed IT Service Provider (MSP). Our team of more than 50 professionals provides end user support, network/server administration, cloud hosting and cyber security services to more than 200 small and medium-sized businesses in major Canadian cities and across North America.
Our management team has actively developed a strong reputation with a wide range of industries, expanding services to include a security operations center, data center facilities, a new Calgary team in the emerging Alberta market and a remote service desk team based out of Charlottetown & Summerside, Prince Edward Island. Each team member contributes to Starport’s success with a rich range of experience from diverse professional and technical backgrounds.
We take pride in our work and share a passion for technology. Please visit www.starport.ca for further information.
Our current requirement is for three (3) junior or intermediate IT Support Technicians to start before autumn 2023.
Preference will be given to regional candidates.
You must sign in to apply for this position.