Native Council of PEI
The Housing Development Officer will work with the Policy Analyst to conduct research, draft proposals, and evaluate existing housing stock to increase housing supply for the off-reserve Indigenous community in PEI.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Research and develop best practices for subsidized housing development including business planning and financial feasibility for new and existing housing stock.
• Monitor opportunities for housing development and support through national, regional, provincial, and/or municipal funding opportunities.
• As required assist in funding proposals for community buildings and essential upgrades
• Draft proposals for increased housing supply and support based on community feedback.
• Explore funding opportunities for sustainable housing and energy efficiency upgrades.
• Prepare professional correspondence and report on activities.
• As required, attend meetings along with the Policy Analyst to develop relationships with key stakeholders to strengthen housing partnerships.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
• Education in construction and/or building technology.
• Experience in the development of proposals for non-profit housing and/or community development.
• Experience in trades would be considered an asset.
• Knowledge of construction cost estimating.
• Knowledge of housing construction and/or retrofit projects for non-profits.
• Competent in asset management and complex problem solving.
• Must be highly motivated and be able to work with minimal supervision.
• Knowledge of Indigenous culture and communities an asset.
• Must possess a valid driver’s license, reliable vehicle, and have criminal record check clearance.
You must sign in to apply for this position.