Glendenning Hall - Holland College
The Guest Service Agent position is generally responsible for representing the hotel to the guest throughout all stages of the guest’s stay, determining the guest’s reservation status and identifying their duration of stay. The candidate will also process the guest’s method of payment, be customer-service oriented, and work closely with housekeeping and maintenance to ensure room status reports are current and up to date.
The duties and responsibilities for the Guest Service Agent include, but are not limited to the following:
- Create a welcoming environment for our guests.
- Register guests and assign rooms, accommodating special requests whenever possible.
- Complete pre-registration and blocking of rooms for reservations/guest arrival.
- Thoroughly understand and adhere to proper credit, check-cashing, and cash-handling policies and procedures.
- Understand room status and room status tracking.
- Know room locations, types of rooms available, and room rates.
- Coordinate room status updates with the housekeeping department by notifying housekeeping of all check-outs, late check-outs, early check-ins, special requests, and part-day rooms.
- Possess a working knowledge of the reservations system, takes reservations for guests both in house and call in, understanding of the cancellation procedures.
- Process guest check-outs.
- Use proper telephone etiquette.
- Coordinate guestroom maintenance work with the engineering and maintenance division.
- Report any unusual occurrences or requests to the manager or supervisor.
- Know all safety and emergency procedures, is aware of accident prevention policies.
- Ensure the work environment is tidy and well organized at all times (lobby).
- Adhere to all health and safety guidelines and standards.
COMPETENCIES WE ARE SEEKING:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and administration skills.
- Proficient or familiar with computerized systems.
- Demonstrated knowledge of guest service and a genuine desire to exceed guest expectations.
- Present a high degree of professional work ethic and image.
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Availability to work day and evenings any day of the week including weekends and holidays
- Computer Use
- Oral Communication
- Attention to Detail
- Desire to Learn
- Effective Communication
- Customer Service
- Data Entry
- Google Chrome
You must sign in to apply for this position.