Community Seniors Co-operative Ltd. (CSCL) - The Willows
Community Seniors Co-operative Ltd. (CSCL) is a non-profit co-operative organization and registered charity located in O’Leary, PEI. They are building The Willows, a new 50-unit Community Care Assisted Living Home. The Willows will provide affordable housing for residents who will receive compassionate care and enriched social opportunities in a modern, healthy, and community-engaged environment. This facility will be energy-efficient and net-zero-ready with solar panels and Geothermal heating.
Career Opportunity – General Manager
The Board of Directors seeks a General Manager who will be integral to this facility’s construction, opening and operation. This person, when hired, will be working with the Board of Directors and the community to uphold the values of the Willows who work on “cooperative principles” and respects each resident’s right to self-determination and happiness.
Reporting to the Chair of the CSCL Board of Directors, the General Manager of The Willows will hire and lead a motivated team to create a positive sense of home for those who choose to live at the Willows.
- Form service agreements with relevant suppliers and support organizations for emergency systems, pharmacy and health supplies, food service, cleaning supplies, and other necessary items
- Develop a Human Resources strategy focusing on recruitment and hiring
- Lead the development, interpretation, and implementation of all policies and procedures to ensure they enhance a “person-centred” approach and communicate the same to staff
- Assist with marketing the home to attract future residents and oversee a person-centred transition to living at the Willows
- Prepare the annual budgets operational and capital for approval of the Board of Directors
- Effectively manage all services at The Willows: supportive care, recreation, food service, maintenance, administration, environmental services, and other functional areas
- Responsible for stakeholder engagement, government, and regulator relations, and representing the organization in the community
- Review and approve all monthly invoices
- Communicate regularly with the residents and their families, including meeting with residents/families to resolve problems/concerns/complaints and reviewing suggestions for improvement.
- Ensure staff scheduling is adequate, safe, and at a minimum with the Community Care Facilities Act and Regulations
- Review employee performance regularly with department heads and staff members
- Attend resident case management meetings as needed
- Respond appropriately to all federal, provincial, and municipal regulations and always ensure readiness for inspections from any regulatory bodies
- Ensure all communication and actions complement the Resident’s Bill of Rights
Other duties as required
- University Degree in either health care, business or hospitality management is preferred, however, demonstrated equivalencies will be considered
- Minimum three to five years of management experience, preferably in a healthcare environment
- Experience working with a volunteer Board of Directors, committees, community groups, and government officials (municipal, provincial, and federal)
- Working independently with strong decision-making and problem-solving skills
- Experience developing and managing budgets
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, including public speaking
- Knowledge of the Community Care Facility Regulatory and policy environment
- Experience with Microsoft Office, especially MS Word and Excel
- Valid driver’s license and regular access to reliable transportation
- A current satisfactory criminal record check with vulnerable sector screening
We embrace diversity. Individuals that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills are encouraged to apply. This opportunity is only available for candidates legally entitled to work in Canada. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
You must sign in to apply for this position.