Native Council of PEI
About the Company:
Somru BioScience Inc. is an emerging biotechnology company dedicated to developing breakthrough antibody technology for research, diagnostic and therapeutic applications. The company currently uses antibodies to generate reagents that will accelerate biosimilar research and development.
The Emergency Response Coordinator works closely with NCPEI Program Coordinators and Finance Director to provide assistance to off-Reserve Indigenous peoples on PEI who are negatively impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic and in need of support.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain and work within a budget as per funding requirements
- Provide capacity for NCPEI to address the large volumes of calls for emergency COVID-19 assistance.
- Create an information tracking process to ensure the off-Reserve Indigenous peoples on PEI are fully supported and requests are followed-up.
- Assist Elders, Youth, LBGTQQ2S+ and families in the community who are at risk of becoming homeless by collaborating with NCPEI staff, provincial and community organizations/groups to break-down barriers to accessing shelter.
- Respond to requests from the off-Reserve Indigenous peoples on PEI for emergency assistance in the form of personal and/or family needs.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- Post-secondary education in a related field or equivalent education/experience would be considered an asset.
- Demonstrated understanding of the Native Council of PEI and the off-Reserve Indigenous peoples on PEI
- Demonstrated success working with, and understanding the challenges of, vulnerable populations
- Demonstrated success working with off-reserve Indigenous communities considered an asset
- Ability to collect and compile data and prepare written reports.
- Valid driver’s license and a reliable vehicle.
- Vulnerable record check is required prior to commencing employment
You must sign in to apply for this position.