Native Council of PEI
The Emergency Response Coordinator works closely with NCPEI Program Coordinators and Finance Director to provide assistance to off-Reserve Indigenous peoples on PEI who are negatively impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic and in need of support.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Facilitate payments on behalf of community members to assist their needs.
• Collaborate with the management team on requests for assistance.
• Provide capacity for NCPEI to address the large volumes of calls for emergency COVID-19 assistance.
• Respond to requests from the off-Reserve Indigenous peoples on PEI for emergency assistance in the form of personal and/or family needs.
• Refer community members to the programs and services NCPEI has to offer.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
• Post-secondary education in a related field or equivalent education/experience would be considered an asset.
• Demonstrated understanding of the Native Council of PEI and the off-Reserve Indigenous peoples on PEI would be considered an asset
• Ability to collect and compile data and prepare written reports.
• Valid driver’s license and a reliable vehicle.
• Vulnerable record check is required prior to commencing employment.
As per section 16(1) of the Canadian Human Rights Act: Preference will be given to persons of Indigenous ancestry.
You must sign in to apply for this position.