Department of Finance and Treasury Board Secretariat
(Commencing Immediately for One Year with Possibility of Extension)
The PEI Department of Finance and Treasury Board Secretariat aims to encourage the development of an innovative, diverse and inclusive workforce which enables the organization to realize its goals. The Business Analysts role is to elicit, analyze, specify, and validate the business needs of all Government departments. This includes interviewing department representatives and gathering, and compiling business needs to convey to the project manager and application development teams throughout the system life cycle.
Duties will include:
• Collaborating with project managers and business sponsors to determine project scope and vision;
• Conducting interviews and systems analysis to gather user requirements via workshops, questionnaires, surveys, site visits, workflow analysis, use cases, scenarios, and other methods;
• Identifying and establishing scope and parameters of requirements analysis in order to define impact, outcome criteria, and measure-taking actions; analyzing and verifying requirements for completeness, consistency, comprehensibility, feasibility, and conformity to standards;
• Developing and utilizing standard templates to accurately and concisely write requirement specifications;
• Translating conceptual user requirements into functional requirements in a clear manner that is comprehensible to report developers/project teams;
• Creating process models, specifications, diagrams, and charts to provide direction to the project team;
• Developing and conducting reviews to ensure that requirement specifications are correctly interpreted; communicating changes, enhancements, and modifications – verbally or through written documentation to project managers, sponsors, and other stakeholders so that issues and solutions are understood;
• Coordinating with Project Managers and other technical experts to support Government Directors and Managers to identify and define measures, indicators, and benchmarks for their information system, application and technology solutions;
• Other duties as required.
• Graduation from university with a degree in Business Administration or a related field supplemented with experience and/or major course work in business analysis;
• Extensive experience in the IT field in a business analyst’s role;
• Experience with business and technical requirements analysis, elicitation, modeling, verification and methodology development; overseeing design, development, and implementation of applications and/or information systems;
• Experience prioritizing and managing multiple tasks simultaneously, working in a team environment, and managing projects;
• Demonstrated equivalencies may be considered;
• Must have strong customer service orientation;
• Ability to create systematic and consistent requirements specifications in both technical and user friendly language;
• Ability to apply statistical and other research methods when designing report specifications for complex systems;
• Experience working in a team environment;
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and oral); Analytical and creative problem solving skills;
• Applicants must have a good previous work and attendance record;
• The successful candidate must provide a satisfactory Criminal Records Check prior to beginning employment.
Bi-Weekly Hours: 75.0 hours bi-weekly
Please Note: Preference will be given to UPSE Civil employees as per the UPSE Civil Collective Agreement.
Please Note: Please ensure the application clearly demonstrates how you meet the noted qualifications as applicants will be screened based on the information provided. The successful candidate will be the only individual receiving written notification of competition results. The “Notification of Successful Candidates” list posted on the Employment Opportunity board will serve to inform all other applicants of competition results.
You must sign in to apply for this position.