Website Amsted Canada Inc
Amsted Canada Inc. is not only a leader in the manufacture of industrial components, we are a company where you are the driver of your own career. At Amsted Canada Inc., we know that our employees are at the heart of our world-class business and we value you and want you to excel with us. We spend time understanding where you want your career to go and help you get there by offering the support and resources that will allow you to grow with us. At Amsted Canada Inc., we also encourage a spirit of Innovation by allowing time and space to experiment, to think differently and to challenge the status quo. If this is the type of environment where you believe you will thrive, we encourage you to join us.
Operating under the Amsted Industries umbrella since 1962, today we are meeting the growing needs of a global market with over 80 facilities across six continents. Amsted Canada Inc. has established a new Business Center in downtown Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island. We are elevating our Global Technology teams in several areas including but not limited to Security, Development, Infrastructure, Emerging Technology, and SAP. We are also expanding our Shared Services Support (HR, Payroll, AP/AR, and Finance) in PEI. These teams are instrumental in providing support to all Amsted affiliate locations worldwide.
The Accounts Payable Specialist at Amsted Canada Inc. is responsible for performing accounts payable duties for all Amsted Rail plants. This includes processing of invoices and researching vendor accounts. The Accounts Payable Specialist will use analysis to gain detailed knowledge of company and departmental procedures to support the Accounts Payable group. This role will also assist with preparation of various financials reports and analyses.
What we offer you:
- Autonomy to help drive the development of our growing office on Prince Edward Island in a role that will impact our growth and how we work across all functions at Amsted Canada Inc.
- Highly competitive compensation and benefits package that only begins with a strong base salary commensurate with skills and abilities, but includes annual incentive opportunities and a comprehensive benefits package
- Investment into your personal and professional development to ensure you remain at the top of your field and can reach your goals
- Being a part of team who cares about YOU – the professional and the person
What you will do:
- Process purchase order or non-purchase order vendor invoices in SAP, ensuring proper ledger coding and approvals obtained for invoices
- Review all invoices for appropriate documentation and approval prior to payment
- Research issues based on vendor calls and emails. Reconcile vendor statements, research and correct discrepancies
- Analyze and reconcile various vendor accounts and report irregularities
- Assist in preparation of various forms and reports for open goods receipts review
- Assist with proper entry of sales and use taxes
- Assist plant finance personnel on ad hoc accounts payable projects
- Proficient in Excel and Word, 10-key by touch
- Proficiency in SAP; Open Text a plus
- Must have strong work ethics
- Strong problem solving skills, basic accounting principles knowledge, documentation skills, research and resolution skills, data analysis and multi-tasking skills
- Possess strong organizational and time management skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Detail oriented, professional attitude, reliable
Compensation & Benefits
- Excellent base salary and targeted annual bonus structure (Entry Salary: $48,000 plus bonus; Salary will be determined based on skills, ability, and qualifications)
- Comprehensive employee benefits package including medical, dental, life and disability insurance, salary continuation, and a health spending account
- Company pension program
- Fitness reimbursement credit
Education and Experience:
- Associate’s degree required; bachelor’s degree preferred
- At least 3 years accounts payable experience
- 1-2 years of experience processing invoices preferred
This position is being filled in our Charlottetown office and is not available for remote work at this time.
Amsted Canada Inc. offers employees the stability of an established industry leader, along with the chance to learn, grow, advance, and make a difference. As a private company and 100% employee-owned, we are all stakeholders in this business and all have a common goal to make this company not only a profitable company, but also a place to grow our careers. We strive to be a place that people are attracted to, and we go steps beyond to make sure our employees are happy on the job – and away from it.
You must sign in to apply for this position.