Job Title: PREP & LINE COOKS
Location: Piper’s Restaurant at Glasgow Hills Golf Club
Dates Required: TBD
Glasgow Hills Inc. operates one of Canada’s top-rated golf courses. In addition, there is a full-service restaurant called Pipers on site. Located in New Glasgow, PEI its mandate is to offer high customer service, high quality food and beverage options and unforgettable personal touches that make the Glasgow Hills experience unique. The ownership and management team are committed to customer satisfaction while creating a fun working environment and a strong service team. Under the direction of our Executive Chef Aaron R Smith, Piper’s restaurant has grown significantly and hosts numerous private functions and weddings.
To provide exceptional guest service while maintaining and growing high quality food preparation and presentation. The Line Cook is responsible for assisting the SousChef with all preparation, cooking, and presentation of all restaurant meals.
- Know your shift – be self-sufficient in determining when you are working
- Arrive on time for shift, ready to work with all necessary tools of your trade
- Read/know Glasgow Hills Employee Handbook
- Read individual job description – know what you will be evaluated on
- Adhere to all Glasgow Hills Policies & Procedure (ex. Uniform, Appearance, Responsible Alcohol Service, Food safety etc.)
- Turn off cell phones when working (text/call only on break)
- Rotate Breaks so that there is always cover-off
- Keep shift change requests to a minimum (only in emergencies)
- If, for any reason, unable to makeshift call your manager directly (no texts, emails, messages with others)
- Positive, cooperative attitude towards all staff members and guests
- High Attention to detail (standards, quality)
- High degree of communication and respect towards others in F&B
- When not busy, assist others with duties before being asked
- Look for ways to go “above and beyond” and recognize/support others doing so
- Bring any ways to improve costs (food and labor)/efficiencies to your manager
- Positive/ supportive communication of F&B towards Guests
- Pass any negative comments from Guests to Manager only
- Pass any perceived performance issues brought to your manager’s attention only
- Be eager to learn and to be mentor with new culinary techniques, cooking methods, service practices and standards, and various service styles i.e., buffet, a la carte, tournaments stations etc.
- Have Reliable Transportation to and from work
- Must be dedicated to exceptional external and internal guest service.
- Maintain a clean and safe workstation.
- Learn and practice culinary skills leading to performance excellence.
- Maintain a level of food preparation consistent with business levels and leadership direction.
- Be able to perform assigned task and food preparations in a timely manner
- Maintain professional communication with all employees and management
- Work and deliver agreed standards in a fast-paced environment.
- Prepare\ serve and store foods concurrent to Provincial Health and Safety Standards.
- Must comply with all standard operating procedures and policies of Glasgow Hills
- Perform other related duties assigned by the management team
- Be yourself, have fun, and strive to make Glasgow Hills a better place every day you come to work
Customer expectations are high at Glasgow Hills and Pipers Restaurant and as such all applicants must understand that customer service is our number one priority. Creating a dining experience that our customers appreciate while seeing that quality and creativity in the kitchen is never sacrificed. A strong cooking background and previous experiences within the restaurant industry are considered assets. Strong interpersonal and communications skills are a definite asset along with the ability to foster the development of a team first atmosphere. Having the ability to think on their feet, as well as create, produce, and serve on the fly. Excellent interpersonal, customer service, and oral/written communication skills is a plus. To work with a professional attitude and to have a strong work ethic.
To Be Determined
If you are interested in working in a dynamic customer first atmosphere in one of the Islands most scenic restaurants while being given the opportunity to learn new skills, please send resume via email to Chef@glasgowhills.com. If you want further details on the position, please call Chef/F&B Manager Aaron Smith at (902)-621-2200. We invite any applicant to apply to above positions but only candidates chosen for an interview will be contacted.
While this outline attempts to be all encompassing, this position is expected to evolve beyond these categories. As you become more familiar with the operations of Glasgow Hills you will be expected to make suggestions on policies, procedures, and controls and to call on members of your management team to help you accomplish these objectives.