Job Title: Mobile Harm Reduction Team Outreach Worker
$18 per hour
2 Full-time, 1 Casual
Travel Required: Travel Required
Hours Per 37.5, Full Time and 20 Casual Evenings and Weekends
Date Posted: January 17th, 2022
Expires: Competition will remain open until position is filled.
Applications Accepted By:
FAX OR EMAIL:
Attention Human Resources
Subject Line- (Job Title)
Fax Number-(902)368-7464 Email- email@example.com
The Mobile Harm Reduction Project is a 24-month project focused on reducing harm in the lives of the off-reserve Indigenous peoples in PEI who use drugs and other substances by meeting the clients where they are in a non-judgmental and culturally appropriate manner. The Outreach Worker will provide support to clients across all three zones by using harm reduction strategies and directing clients through the various supports NCPEI has to offer.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Work under the direction of the program coordinator to deliver outreach services to those in need of support.
• Travel on a regular schedule to specified areas in each Zone to provide support and ensure the basic needs of clients are met.
• Provide information and access to community supports.
• Ensure toolkits are fully stocked and replenish if necessary.
• Keep up-to-date records of day-to-day activities.
• Complete all necessary reports in a timely manner for submission to the MHRT Coordinator.
• Educate users on safe using practices.
• Provide knowledge about the NCPEI services and support programs to facilitate wrap-around care to those in vulnerable situations.
• Create and maintain client wellness records, along with needs addressed.
• Collect demographic data and other key information as required.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
• Post-secondary education in a relevant field.
• Employment or lived experience in the field of addictions.
• An acceptable combination of education and experience would be considered.
• A strong background in mental health and addictions.
• Demonstrated success working with Indigenous communities in a related capacity.
• A high level of organizational and administrative skills would be considered an asset but not necessary.
• Valid driver’s license and a reliable vehicle.
• A vulnerable sector record check is required before commencing employment