ABOUT STEMBLE: Stemble is a rapidly-growing startup whose mission is to be the world leader in e-learning tools for STEM education at the secondary and post-secondary level within 5 years. The Stemble e-learning platform offers automated assessment of student knowledge and skills through innovative online homework tools and a fully interactive virtual laboratory.
MISSION FOR THE DEVELOPER: We require a Web UI/UX and Three.js Developer to collaborate with our world-class EdTech team to create and implement virtual experiences that receive overwhelmingly positive feedback from students and instructors. These include our best-in-class 3D laboratory experiences and game-like web tools for demonstrating important concepts in science. You’ll be part of a cross-functional team, working closely with stakeholders, product managers, and software engineers.
- Ability to create and work with interactive 3D virtual experiences using Three.js/WebGL and Angular
- 4+ Years of Web UI/UX and experience working on consumer-facing apps
- Solid understanding of basic web technologies (HTML/JS/CSS)
- Experience using modern JS framework and build tools (Angular preferred as framework)
- Familiarity with the design, implementation, and limitations of responsive, cross-platform web apps (Desktop vs. Mobile vs. Tablet, iOS vs Android, etc.)
- Strong up-to-date portfolio (this is a must-have) that is impressive immediately. Portfolio/work samples must demonstrate experience creating great user-centered design solutions, wireframes and prototypes.
- Experience working in an agile (Scrum) development process.
- Entrepreneurial mindset and awareness of wider business goals
- Must be able to legally work in Canada.
- Bonus: Previously designed for interactive game or content experiences
- GitLab, Webpack, Babel
LANGUAGES AND FRAMEWORKS:
- TypeScript, Angular, Three.js, RxJS, Karma, Vue, Vuetify, Vuex ORM, Jest, Cypress
SALARY AND PERKS:
- Salary range: $80,000 – $100,000 (CAD) per year
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- RRSP matching
- Remote work possible
- Flexible hours
APPLICATION: Please email email@example.com, referencing ‘Senior UI/UX and Three.js Developer’ in the subject line. Include your resume, a cover letter, and a portfolio of 3-5 UX-focused work samples with your application. We want to understand how you think and solve problems. Clearly explain your process and the reasoning behind the decisions made, include visual artifacts, and identify both your role and the impact you had. Your portfolio can be anything from a website to a slide deck. How you build it is up to you.