Job Title: Finance Assistant/Bookkeeper
$18 per hour
Travel Required: Travel Required
Hours Per Week: 37.5
Date Posted: January 17th, 2022
Expires: Competition will remain open until position is filled.
Applications Accepted By:
FAX OR EMAIL:
Attention Human Resources
Subject Line- (Job Title)
Fax Number-(902)368-7464 Email- email@example.com
The Finance Assistant/Bookkeeper (FA) will assist the Finance Director with day-to-day financial management, monitoring, and reporting of the Native Council of PEI’s two main corporations, the Native Council of PEI and L’nu Fisheries Limited. The Finance Assistant must be able to demonstrate strong educational and employment experience working in a fast-paced, multi-funded organization.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Handle the administrative functions of the finance office including reviewing all incoming invoices, expense claims and preauthorized debits for accuracy.
• Create and monitor program budgets based on funding agreements and work extensively with employees to ensure adherence to program budgets.
• With the approval of the Finance Director, prepare and issue payments to employees, venders and Executives.
• Process a high volume of accounts payable and receivable transactions for two companies, each with multiple departments.
• Process/code all expenses, including correct expense accounts, department codes and calculation of HST expense.
• Code and post all pre-authorized payments and bank charges monthly.
• Monitor all utilities accounts, download, code and post in a timely manner.
• Prepare bank deposits and perform typical office errands.
• Prepare and analyze program financial reports.
• Daily filing and records management.
• Work with the Finance Director to assist in the annual audit process.
• Assist Finance Director as requested.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
• Successful completion of a minimum 2-year diploma program in a relevant field.
• A minimum of 5 years’ experience with Sage 50 (or similar software).
• Must excel in a fast-paced environment with a strong ability to prioritize and multitask.
• Ability to problem solve.
• Experience working in community driven, non-profit organizations.
• Candidate must possess a valid driver’s license and have daily access to a reliable vehicle
• Criminal record check is required