Job # 01.22
Job Title: Employment Facilitator
Location: Charlottetown, PEI
Positions Available: 2
Program: Youth the Future National
Salary Range: $48, 616- 50,332
Apply by: January 24th, 2021 (11:59pm)
Who is CCRW:
Creative. Innovative. Inclusive. Our team of motivated professionals are paving the way to a fully inclusive nation, because we believe that disability should never stand in the way of ambition.
We drive solutions-focused approaches from coast to coast, delivering hands-on
programming in local communities and fostering inclusive business partnerships. As
leaders influencing policy change from across Canada to the U.N., CCRW employees
enjoy diversity and flexibility in their roles. Our welcoming culture recognizes the
passion and optimism of our teams, and we know that a healthy work-life balance is key
to personal and professional growth.
Join us as we continue to deliver service excellence across Canada.
Scope and Purpose:
Youth the Future (YTF) is a program aimed at preparing young Canadians living with
disabilities for work experience, through classroom essential skills training and on-the-job work experience, as well as increasing the disability confidence of local employers.
Who are you:
The Employment Facilitator (EF) is an engaging, intuitive, and self-motivated individual
able to establish, maintain and enhance relationships with all stakeholders, upholding
the highest standards of professionalism and integrity. This person seeks and listens to
feedback, confidently coming forward with creative ideas – and then executes.
This individual is a natural self-starter, ready to take action creating new employer
relationships after having met with 3 clients back-to-back. They are organized, dynamic and creatively approach problem-solving, possessing demonstrated experience in social service delivery job development/sales. The EF works collaboratively in small teams, managing multiple priorities with ease and successfully engaging diverse clients in group as well as one-on-one settings.
The incumbent comes to the table with the technical capacity to leverage
virtual/technology-enhanced instruction tools, to ensure workshop delivery is seamless, interesting, and relevant for all participants. They bring fun, energy and full participation to their role, always looking for ways to “make cover letters fun again” for their participants and engage employers in the community.
Jobseekers participating in CCRW’s Youth the Future (YTF) programming live at
multiple intersecting identities, and experience barriers to employment and social
integration. We are seeking extraordinary Employment Facilitators to transition
seamlessly, and with comfort, between education, administration, and sales/recruitment
Reporting to the CCRW Supervisor: Youth the Future Program, the CCRW YTF EF
holds the unique responsibility to work within a small team, to concurrently:
1. Recruit employers, ensuring appropriate employment positions for cohorts of
young people living with diverse Disabilities; while they
2. Deliver an 8-week pre-employment curriculum (virtual and in-person) in a
highly interactive, accessible manner to these youth; and
3. Develop individualized employment and accommodations plans for each
YTF EF’s integrate diverse voices, methodologies and perspectives into program
workshops, and develop/source tools and resources to ensure blended program
delivery is seamless and relevant for all participants. CCRW Employment Facilitators
consistently engage in new relationships with employers, taking full ownership of job
development and applying solutions-focused approaches to the partnerships they/their team have created.
The EF’s equitably share responsibilities, program and client updates, and resolve
conflict in very small teams. The team works collaboratively regarding potential
employment matches, training opportunities and acts as a support when employment
matches are identified to ensure a successful transition. Each EF works to ensure
strategic execution of Program activities, marketing and administrative functions with
independence and collaboration, utilizing a community development and team-based
The Employment Facilitator seeks leadership opportunities to ensure successful service delivery and the achievement of CCRW goals and outcomes. The position continuation is based on outcomes achieved and continued funding of the YTF Program contract
through the Government of Canada.
• Proactive Job Development: cold calling, reaching out to local businesses to
create opportunities for participants.
o Note that this requires effective “sales”, persuasiveness, and proven ability
• Develop and deliver, as part of a team of three, interactive virtual and in-person
pre-employment training to young jobseekers with Disabilities in an accessible,
inclusive, and fun environment.
• As part of a team, work with individual clients to ensure active participation in
their job search. Provide individualized support to create jobseekers’ action-oriented employment plans.
• Provide personalized employment support to businesses and participants,
including through regular in-person site visits as appropriate.
• Creatively utilize technology to enhance workshops and increase accessibility for
all. Consistently seek out new ways to engage youth learners using digital tools.
• Develop and deliver supplemental workshops and modules as needed. Integrate
accessible, appropriate, interactive activities from groupwork to independent
• Support Indigenous participants to receive culturally specific supports and
integrate Indigenous teachings and ways of knowing into workshop as well as
• Thoroughly integrate learning assets founded in Indigenous traditional
worldviews, in a culturally safe, appropriate manner.
• Communicate consistently with clients and employers to facilitate employment
retention and troubleshoot accommodations.
• Provide employers with disability and employment-related trainings and facilitate
inclusion and accessibility workshops.
• Address and support access to accommodations requirements, from workshop to
• Develop and refine curriculum and delivery methodologies based on feedback
and teamwork. Seek out additional sources to address priority areas regularly.
• Troubleshoot program accessibility requirements for virtual and in-person
participants to ensure full access to program.
• Administration of program processes and organization of required
• Accountability for program marketing submissions and administrative tasks.
Requirements to be considered for this job:
• Demonstrated experience in direct sales, job development or other related
activities, ideally in high volume environments.
• Proven ability to deliver interactive skills-building workshops, ideally to youth
• Proficiency using digital technology to bring life to workshops, as well as
program administration (Chromebooks, Prezi, AhaSlides, Google Classroom,
Salesforce, MS Office Suite, Office 365 etc.)
• Experience working with youth and/or employment focused case management
services for jobseekers with disabilities.
• High achievement orientation to meet and exceed targets.
• Post-secondary Degree or Diploma in a related field.
• Demonstrated knowledge in Disability accommodation.
• Experience working with a wide variety of individuals from a cross-disability
• Experienced with motivational interviewing techniques.
• Demonstrated experience in the fields of special/alternative education,
accessibility and inclusion, Indigenous communities, curriculum development. A
combination of education, volunteer and work experience may be considered.
• Knowledge of Indigenous worldviews, and experience working with Indigenous
youth and/or communities, developing culturally-appropriate relationships a
• Experience guiding the integration of Indigenous perspectives and pedagogy into
curriculum considered an asset. Experience living/working with
Indigenous groups/youth (urban/rural/remote) considered an asset.
• Access to reliable transportation and high-speed internet at home.
• All CCRW staff are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a
condition of hire in accordance with CCRW’s Vaccination Policy
• A satisfactory Vulnerable Sector Check (VSC) is required
How to Apply
Interested applicants are invited to submit a cover letter and current resume in one
document, to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please quote Job #01.22.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
CCRW embraces and celebrates our country’s unique multicultural heritage and diversity.
CCRW is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a culture of inclusiveness and diversity reflecting our diverse stakeholders, staff and community alike. We are committed to providing barrier-free and accessible employment practices. Should you require accommodation through any stage of the recruitment process, please make them known when contacted and we will work with you to meet your needs