JOB POSITION: Chef de Partie
REPORTS TO: F&B Manager/Executive Chef & Sous Chef
Our mission at Glasgow Hills is to have ‘exceptional people delivering an exceptional experience!’
As a Glasgow Hills team member, you play a significant role in helping us deliver that promise to all of our guests this season.
As an exceptional person you will be hardworking, passionate about service and honest with your manager and fellow team members. You will arrive at work in great spirits with a positive attitude and you know when, where and how to have fun. You will communicate with your manager and fellow team members any suggestions, concerns or ideas for improvement. Most importantly, you will allow your wonderful and unique personality to shine through each and every day to the benefit of our guests and all of us working alongside you!
Together we will all deliver exceptional products that are consistently of high quality. Most importantly, we will do everything within our abilities and job scope to make the Glasgow Hills experience as memorable as possible for our guests.
To provide exceptional guest service while maintaining and growing high quality food preparation and presentation. The Chef de Partie adheres to the policies and procedures, responsibilities, and leadership outlined by the Glasgow Hills Management team.
- Know your shift – be self-sufficient in determining when you are working
- Arrive on time for shift, ready to work with all necessary tools of your trade
- Read/know Glasgow Hills Employee Handbook
- Read individual job description – know what you will be evaluated on
- Adhere to all Glasgow Hills Policies & Procedure (ex. Uniform, Appearance, Responsible Alcohol Service, Food safety etc.)
- Turn off cell phones when working (text/call only on break)
- Rotate Breaks so that there is always cover-off
- Keep shift change requests to a minimum (only in emergencies)
- If, for any reason, unable to makeshift call your manager directly (no texts, emails, messages with others)
- Positive, cooperative attitude towards all staff members and guests
- Perform individual duties as assigned, without being asked
- High Attention to detail (standards, quality)
- High degree of communication and respect towards others in F&B
- When not busy, assist others with duties before being asked
- Look for ways to go “above and beyond” and recognize/support others doing so
- Bring any ways to improve costs (food and labor)/efficiencies to your manager
- Positive/ supportive communication of F&B towards Guests
- Pass any negative comments from Guests to Manager only
- Pass any perceived performance issues brought to your manager’s attention only
- Maintain confidentiality of keys, codes, files, logins, and Glasgow Hills intellectual property
- Must be dedicated to exceptional external and internal guest service.
- Maintain a clean and safe workstation.
- Practice and Mentor culinary skills leading to performance excellence.
- Maintain a level of food preparation consistent with business levels and leadership direction.
- Work and deliver agreed standards in a fast-paced environment.
- Prepare\ serve and store foods concurrent to Provincial Health and Safety Standards.
- Must comply with all standard operating procedures and policies of Glasgow Hills
- Perform other related duties assigned by the management team
- In Coordination with the Sous Chef:
- Maintain Kitchen Policy and procedures in terms of Food Safety, Cleanliness, Ordering, and Inventory
- Be yourself, have fun, and strive to make Glasgow Hills a better place each and every day you come to work
- Keep an open dialog with the F&B manager & Sous Chef on a daily, weekly and monthly basis on the overall well-being of you, and all Kitchen staff
- Provide Clear and Concise communication with F&B manager & F&B employees
- Assist Sous Chef in Planning special events and promotions to drive food business. Create new ideas and incorporate the ideas and suggestions from other department leaders
- Elevate staff moral and provide leadership and direction
- Be a team leader and lead by example. It is important to inspire motivation and celebrate staff success
- Maintain all food regulations and adhere to all government guidelines for proper safe food service
Customer expectations are high at Glasgow Hills and Pipers Restaurant and as such all applicants must understand that customer service is our number one priority. Creating a dining experience that our customers appreciate while seeing that quality and creativity in the kitchen is never sacrificed. A strong cooking background and previous experiences within the restaurant industry are considered assets. Strong interpersonal and communications skills are a definite asset along with the ability to foster the development of a team first atmosphere. Having the ability to think on their feet, as well as create, produce, and serve on the fly. Excellent interpersonal, customer service, and oral/written communication skills is a plus. To work with a professional attitude and to have a strong work ethic.
To Be Determined
If you are interested in working in a dynamic customer first atmosphere in one of the Islands most scenic restaurants while being given the opportunity to learn new skills, please send resume via email to Chef@glasgowhills.com . If you want further details on the position, please call Chef/F&B Manager Aaron Smith at (902)-621-2200. We invite any applicant to apply to above positions but only candidates chosen for an interview will be contacted.
While this outline attempts to be all encompassing, this position is expected to evolve beyond these categories. As you become more familiar with the operations of Glasgow Hills you will be expected to make suggestions on policies, procedures and controls and to call on members of your management team to help you accomplish these objectives.