Title: Central Reservations Operator
Mission: To provide exceptional guest service, by exceeding expectations of the guest at every opportunity and upholding the standards of a Rodd Hotels and Resorts Central Reservations Agent.
Immediate Supervisor: CRO Supervisor
- To follow the guidelines as outlined in the Employee Handbook, Code of Ethics and Service Standards of Rodd Hotels and Resorts. As well as any that the Supervisor has put in place.
- Answer all calls according to the Rodd Standard Greeting
- To use guest’s last name at every opportunity.
- To take reservations in a courteous and efficient manner, following the CRO Call Script.
- Participate in familiarization tours of all Rodd properties. Develop and maintain thorough knowledge of all properties, their amenities, room descriptions, facilities, packages, programs, events, and local tourist attractions and be able to communicate this knowledge to the Guest.
- To be knowledgeable in the Equity and Elite programs.
- To ensure guests have all necessary information by referring them to our website and Flicker Account and/or by mailing out literature if requested
- To participate in training and coaching sessions.
- To assist with office filing and paperwork.
- To be familiar with all Emergency procedures and be prepared to take immediate and positive action within the guidelines provided in the event of an emergency of any nature.
- Be empowered to address all customer concerns in accordance with the Rodd General Service Standards.
- To be knowledgeable in all computer programs; Maestro PMS, package builder, golf reservations, third party online reservation sites such as Expedia, Travel Zoo, etc.
- To exhibit proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- To develop initiative in decision –making, with the aim of maximizing guest service, flexibility, and qualifications for advancement within the department and Company.
- To be self motivated and offer assistance to the Sales Department with tasks as needed during downtime.
- All other duties as required
- Customer service oriented, genuinely likes interacting with people
- Excellent communication skills
- Good listening skills, able to read and respond to guest needs.
- Ability to adapt to new situations
- Team Player
- Proven ability to multi-task
- Good at problem solving with the ability to generate new ideas and solutions
- Detail oriented
- Good Computer Skills, working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel programs
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Positive attitude and energy with strong emotional intelligence
- Willingness to learn
This job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions that an employee in this position may be asked to perform from time to time.
Central Reservations Operator
Training Check List
- Departmental Orientation- Tour of office, introduction to co-workers, Payroll sign on, Time Clock, grooming standards
- Rodd Programs
- Employee Handbook review and sign off
- Code of Ethics review and sign off
- Rodd Service Standards-review and supply copies
- CRO Call Script-review
- Phone Etiquette
- Website Familiarization
- Workstation and PMS Log On
- Familiarization of equipment/system usage: PMS system, photocopier and fax machine, phone system
- Leaving and retrieving voice mail messages
- Equity program
- Package Builder
- Golf reservations
- Practice making Reservations
- Testing Golf Bookings
- Mock Package Bookings
- Call Shadowing
- Reverse Call Shadowing
- Cross Training- Front Desk
Cross Training- Revenue Manager