1. Child Development Programs:
- Establishing and maintaining a child centered learning environment and routine that provides each individual child with appropriate social, emotional , physical and cognitive development opportunities;
- Building a relationship of trust; mutual respect and caring for children and parents/caregivers who attend CHANCES; Developing daily activities that meet the specific developmental needs of the children;
- Preparing the environment for daily activities; fine and gross motor activities, art activities, free play, and dramatic play;
- Guiding and assisting children in the techniques of proper bathroom, eating, and dressing habits;
- Using redirection and guidance to assist children in understanding and verbally expressing their emotions as an alternative to physical aggression;
- Monitor and observe the progress of children to assist in moulding programs to meet their needs;
- Providing the children with opportunities for social interactions within the context of play-based learning;
- Modelling a safe, secure and creative learning environment for children and parents/caregivers; Recognizing problems as learning opportunities for children and parents/caregivers.
2. Supporting Parents:
- Respecting parents/caregivers values and attitudes as well as understanding their different approaches to parenting;
- Communicating openly and effectively with parents/caregivers;
- Exchanging information with parents/caregivers and supporting them on behalf of the child; Interacting with parents/caregivers in a positive way, when they have difficulty leaving a child;
- Maintaining open communication with parents/caregivers by encouraging them to express the goals and desires for their children;
- Involving parents/caregivers in every aspect of the program, recognizing their different abilities, needs, and capacities;
- Introducing new families to CHANCES programs, helping them feel welcome and comfortable in the environment and outlining the CHANCES program policies.
3. Staff Support:
- Contributing to a supportive team environment by utilizing the appropriate lines of communication to solve issues and challenges;
- Supporting the Youth Education and Early Learning Teams by having flexibility in work schedule to allow for the quality of all programs to be maintained and to be able to offer programs at times which are most convenient for participants;
- Participating in regular team meetings for the Youth Education or Early Childhood Education Team;
- Contributing to a supportive team environment by fully engaging in all aspects of the position as Youth Educator, including all components of program planning, delivery, and clean up
You must sign in to apply for this position.