Native Council of PEI
The Staffing Coordinator will be responsible for gathering, organizing, and assisting with all HR related functions for the Native Council of PEI specific to onboarding, retaining and engaging employees. The Staffing Coordinator will work under the supervision of the Human Resources Administrator.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Administer human resources policies, procedures, and programs for the organization.
• Assist with the process for recruitment, onboarding, and exit strategy.
• Plan and execute annual performance evaluations in conjunction with Human Resources Administrator, Office Supervisor, Management Team and President & Chief.
• Coordinate staff education, learning opportunities, and cultural competency training.
• Assist in the coordination of safety programs, workers compensation claims management, and employee accommodation plans.
• Compile, maintain, and update personnel files.
• Provide guidance and oversee mediation processes for managers/supervisors, and employees.
• Research and recommend new human resources policies to the benefit of the organization and the employees.
• Perform other related duties as required.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
• Post secondary certification with an emphasis on Human Resources or relevant experience.
• Experience with supervision of over 20 people.
• Experience working with Indigenous populations would be considered an asset.
• Strong conflict resolution skills.
• Strong written and oral communication skills.
• Strong interpersonal skills.
You must sign in to apply for this position.