Amsted Canada Inc., is not only a leader in the manufacture of industrial components, we are a company where you are the driver of your own career. At Amsted, we know that our employees are at the heart of our world-class business, and we value you and want you to excel with us. We spend time understanding where you want your career to go and help you get there by offering the support and resources that will allow you to grow with us. At Amsted Canada Inc., we also encourage a spirit of Innovation by allowing time and space to experiment, to think differently and to challenge the status quo. If this is the type of environment where you believe you will thrive, we encourage you to join us.
Operating under the Amsted Industries umbrella since 1962, today we are meeting the growing needs of a global market with over 80 facilities across six continents.
Amsted Canada Inc. has established a new business center in downtown Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island. We are elevating our global technology teams in several areas including but not limited to Engineering, Security, Development, Infrastructure, Emerging Technology, and SAP. These teams are instrumental in providing support to all Amsted Industries entities locations worldwide.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Sr. Software Engineer for Baltimore Aircoil Company, an Amsted Industries entity. For more than 80 years, Baltimore Aircoil Company has been leading the HVAC, Industrial and Refrigeration industries in developing and implementing customized cooling solutions that not only provide substantial energy savings for customers but conserve the most precious resources on the planet.
This Senior Software Engineer will be a passionate technology lead to architect, design, and develop software for HVAC system controls; integrate systems; support software in the field. This role will need to lead software engineers on-site and/or offshore to implement solutions to hard problems. You will be a part of a growing team that is leading our digitalization journey. Members of this team will be challenged to innovate in quickly growing our digital footprint. We are looking for people who are motivated by thinking big, moving fast, and changing the way customers interact with software systems.
What we offer you:
- Autonomy to help drive the development of our growing office on Prince Edward Island in a role that will impact our growth and how we work across all of our functions at Amsted Canada Inc.
- Highly competitive compensation and benefits package that only begins with a strong base salary commensurate with skills and abilities, but includes annual incentive opportunities and a comprehensive benefits package
- Investment into your personal and professional development to ensure you remain at the top of your field and can reach your goals
- Being a part of team who cares about YOU – the professional and the person
What you will do:
- Work with controls systems engineers, product teams, and product managers on controls software development projects
- Build features and software to be used on HVAC system controls
- Be part of the software development/change process, and be responsible for software change documentation, software version management, and communications.
- Lead software engineers/developers in software design, software development, code reviews, and documentation work.
- Take ambiguity inputs and develop quick proof of concepts, iterate, and improve
- Create software specification to meet controls systems requirements and customers’ input
- Design, develop and document software systems to control fan motors, pumps, valves, safety switches, heating elements, sensors, and other features which utilize electrical and/or mechanical control inputs and/or outputs to the system
- Create extensible designs and easy to maintain solutions with long term vision in mind
- Participate in Agile sprint planning and retrospective reviews
- Define and implement “best practice” rules for software development, documentation, and other activities to promote standardization, efficiency, and security, by referring to practices in the industry.
- Identify and implement improvements to software development processes to increase productivity and quality of deliverables
- Support features that require data communication into and out of the BAC unit for connection to customer building management systems and other control systems utilizing industry standard protocols such as Modbus and BACnet.
- Write technical documentation
- Coach and mentor software developers and software engineers
- Troubleshoot, debug, upgrade software, and keep documentation of all upgrades.
- Support field issues as presented and work to satisfy the customers’ expectation
- Work with 3rd party software contractors for software programming and testing, and to support cost reduction / quality improvement targets
- Proven experience as a Tech Lead, Product Lead, Product Manager, or similar role
- Proven experience as a software development leader to accurately estimate and plan for software projects
- Experience providing technical leadership and mentoring other engineers
- Familiarity with common technology stacks
- Experience in software languages such as C/C++, C#, Python, Structured Text, and other PLC languages, Beckhoff TwinCAT experience a plus
- Excellent remote communication, teamwork, and collaboration skills
- Excellence in technical writing
- Excellence in dealing with ambiguity, managing complexity, and valuing differences
- Great attention to details and organizational skills
- Nimble learning, good planning, and aligning the plans
- Knowledge of software engineering best practices across the development lifecycle, including agile methodologies, coding standards, code reviews, source code management, build processes, testing and operations
- Experience in HMI layout/graphics preview software
- Familiarity with integrated communications via building management system protocols such as BACNet and Modbus
Compensation & Benefits:
- Excellent base salary and targeted annual bonus structure (Entry Salary: $85,000 plus bonus; Salary will be determined based on skills, ability, and qualifications)
- Comprehensive employee benefits package including medical, dental, life and disability insurance, salary continuation, and a health spending account.
- Tuition reimbursement
- Fitness reimbursement credit
Education and Experience:
- Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics or related technical discipline
- 8+ years of experience in developing electro-mechanical control systems software, with a minimum of 2 years in HVAC
This position requires travel both domestically and internationally up to 25% of the time. This position is being filled in our Charlottetown office and is not available for remote work at this time.
Amsted Canada Inc. offers employees the stability of an established industry leader, along with the chance to learn, grow, advance and make a difference. As a private company and 100% employee-owned, we are all stakeholders in this business and all have a common goal to make this company not only a profitable company, but also a place to grow our careers. We strive to be a place that people are attracted to, and we go steps beyond to make sure our employees are happy on the job – and away from it.
Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT
You must sign in to apply for this position.