POSITION: Production Shift Supervisor
REPORTS TO: Production Manager
SALARY: Compensation commensurate with education and experience
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Permanent – Full Time
LOCATION: Charlottetown, PEI
We are the proud makers of Honibe® natural health products- the only pure solid honey products in the world scientifically proven to retain all of honey’s naturally occurring health benefit.
Our team is growing, and we want to hear from you if you are an experienced shift supervisor in a production environment.
The Production Shift Supervisor is responsible for providing leadership to ensure successful day to day operations. The focus of this role is to organize shift tasks to meet output goals while ensuring quality and safety.
- Lead, manage, and develop production employees to achieve the necessary capabilities and culture for an efficient, clean, and safe operation
- Work with Senior Management to develop and coordinate production schedule to meet both short- and long-term goals of the business
- With guidance from the Production Manager, manage staff attendance and performance issues and conduct annual reviews
- Train employees on, and enforce compliance of, SOPs, GMPs and other company policies
- Continually work to improve efficiencies of the shift operation
- Investigate and report all incidents (waste, overages, accidents, poor performance)
- Provide regular and ad hoc production reports to Senior Management
- Responsible for completion and submission of all required production and quality documents
- Effectively collaborate across several departments to ensure production goals are achieved
- 2 years of previous experience supervising large teams
- Knowledge of production, engineering, warehouse, maintenance and quality functions in a continuous operations manufacturing environment
- Experience with process improvement such as Six Sigma, Lean or equivalent
- Demonstrated leadership in managing employee safety and environmental compliance
- Ability to prioritize work and motivate employees to achieve production results
- Experience with inventory control including WIP and finished goods through Vicinity, Great Plains, Panatracker an asset.
- Must have authorization to work in Canada
PHYSICAL ASPECTS OF POSITION (INCLUDES BUT IS NOT LIMITED TO):
This position requires the ability to:
- Stand, or walk for an extended period
- Be in manufacturing environment which can have varied temperatures and noise
- Stoop, reach, kneel or crouch