Government of PEI
The PEI Department of Finance and Treasury Board Secretariat aims to encourage the development of an innovative, diverse and inclusive workforce which enables the organization to realize its goals. The purpose of this position is to provide high quality advice and assistance regarding Information Technology and Information Management (IMIT) policy matters. This position will provide leadership in measurement, reporting, analysis, planning and research on issues and trends pertinent to IMIT and apply project management skills to special projects in both the development and implementation phases. The Policy Coordinator ensures their work in the section adds value by meeting the goals set by the ITSS Strategic Plan and aligns to the Digital Strategy and IMIT Foundations of the Government of PEI.
– Leading strategic planning processes for ITSS and its Divisions and applying various research methodologies to strategic planning processes;
– Designing and delivering internal and external stakeholder engagement sessions for the purposes of planning and development;
– Developing plans and tools, leading and facilitating the evaluation of progress in implementing strategic planning exercises such as communication tools, meetings, focus groups, and town halls with internal and external stakeholders while providing expert advice and supporting the development of strategic planning documents
– Evaluating service and performance metrics using processes including, but not be limited to methods and instruments including things such as surveys, focus groups, and document and literature reviews;
– Perform research including identifying data sources, collecting data, and assessing the validity, reliability, and trustworthiness of pertinent data, and writing final reports;
– Preparing position papers with recommendations developed through high level policy research and analysis and providing strategic advice and recommendations to Senior Management and the Deputy Minister and Deputy Ministers Information and Technology Management Advisory Council;
– Providing high quality support to the Minister, Deputy Minister and Director by assisting in the preparation of Treasury Board and Executive Council Memorandum and supporting documents and materials
– Collaborating on joint federal/provincial/territorial policy research initiatives and other government departments on cross departmental policy issues and initiatives. Preparing and submitting provincial feedback on same;
– Providing expert advice to develop and evaluate performance and client service metrics using methods and instruments including but not limited to surveys, focus groups, document reviews, and identifying data sources and assessing validity and reliability of pertinent data; writing reports
– Preparing speaking notes, speeches, and communiques for the Minister, Deputy Minister, CDOO and Directors in collaboration with communication staff;
– Other duties as required.
– Master’s degree in a related field with experience in IT Industry or a bachelor’s degree in a related field with extensive experience in the IT Industry;
– Demonstrated equivalencies will be considered;
– Experience in writing official documents such as Treasury Board and Executive Council Memorandums, RFPs, SOWs
– Knowledge concerning policy research, procedure development, communications, project management, facilitation
– Excellent interpersonal skills and written and oral communication skills;
– Individuals must be able to undertake research and analysis, be organized, plan and think strategically, and work on a team;
– Applicants must have a drivers license and access to a reliable vehicle;
– Experienced using relevant technology products such as Office 365 applications, Adobe, survey tools, and others;
– Applicants must have a good previous work and attendance record, and the successful applicant must provide a satisfactory Criminal Records Check prior to beginning employment;
– Additional relevant education and experience will be considered an asset for example, Lean Six Sigma, Change Management, Facilitation, Project Management, and Evaluation.
Please Note: Preference will be given to UPSE Civil employees as per the UPSE Civil Collective Agreement.
Please Note: Please ensure the application clearly demonstrates how you meet the noted qualifications as applicants will be screened based on the information provided. The successful candidate will be the only individual receiving written notification of competition results. The “Notification of Successful Candidates” list posted on the Employment Opportunity board will serve to inform all other applicants of competition results.
You must sign in to apply for this position.