Following recommendations from Canada’s Food Guide and use the P.E.I. Department of Health and Social Services Menu Planner for Daycare Facilities the Nutrition Manager is responsible for:
- Preparing and serving morning and afternoon snack and lunch for CHANCES centre programs;
- Preparing the grocery list for the centre keeping in mind budget and storage capacity;
- Cleaning duties at the centre which include, but are not limited to sweeping & washing floors, emptying garbage, compost and recycling containers, washing, drying, and putting away dishes, washing cabinets, counter tops and cupboards, cleaning fridges, freezers and stoves & ovens.
- Setting up tables for meals and snacks
- General clean – up after snacks and lunch
- Providing relief for Early Childhood Educators during breaks;
- Being available at times when the Early Childhood Educators may need extra support;
- Building a relationship of trust, mutual respect and caring for children and parents/caregivers who attend CHANCES programs;
- Guiding and assisting children in the techniques of proper bathroom, eating, and dressing habits;
- Using redirection and guidance to assist children in understanding and verbally expressing their emotions as an alternative to physical aggression;
- Modelling a safe, secure and creative learning environment for children and parents/caregivers;
This position requires a person who is friendly, flexible, and able to take direction. Certification in WHIMIS, First Aid, CPR, and Food Service and Sanitation Course is required. A valid driver’s license & clear driving record is also required.
You must sign in to apply for this position.