Holland College - Atlantic Police Academy
CONTINUING POSITIONS COMMENCING ASAP
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Holland College is seeking two highly motivated individuals to join our Atlantic Police Academy (APA) team. The Learning Manager will participate in the delivery of a variety of skills which may include, but are not limited to: Firearms, Use of Force, Driver Training and Communications. The successful candidate will be responsible to:
• Deliver public safety training to new students, and/or seasoned officers, of all the APA’s programs, as per the approved course training standard (CTS).
• Evaluate and monitor student progress.
• Support student success.
• Travel off Island to deliver training.
• Ensure a safe and respectful working environment at all times.
• Assist in the design, development, implementation and evaluation of training classes and courses.
• Assist the Curriculum Developer, as required, to maintain and update course training standards and lesson plans.
• Maintain personal, professional certifications.
• Assist with the delivery of scenario-based training.
• Work flexible hours on occasion, to assist with the delivery of training.
• Other duties as required.
• Graduate of a police or peace officer training academy recognized by Federal or Provincial legislation, having served a minimum of 7 years as a peace officer, and having left in good standing.
• Applicants must have operational experience within the past three years.
• Experience as a skills trainer within the realm of the public safety portfolio (Police/Corrections/CBSA/CSIS) is an asset.
• Excellent communication skills, organizational skills, and problem-solving skills.
• Bilingualism is an asset.
• Proven ability to build strong internal and external relationships in a team environment is required.
• Experience as an instructor in a recognized defensive tactics system as well as being a certified firearms instructor is considered an asset.
• Carbine Instructor, Active Attacker / Active Shooter Instructor, Defensive Tactics, Driver Training Instructor, Collision Reconstruction, Breath Technician, RADAR / LIDAR experience are all assets.
• Prior teaching and supervisory experience will be considered assets.
• Must be willing to travel and work flexible hours as required.
• The successful candidate will be required to provide criminal background, financial and vulnerable sector checks in accordance with Provincial requirements.
Equal opportunity will be given to applicants of diverse backgrounds, Holland College welcomes applications from individuals with marginalized identities and accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. In keeping with the terms and provisions of the College’s various employment and collective agreements, priority may be given to internal candidates.
You must sign in to apply for this position.