Holland College - PWC Campus
CONTINUING PART TIME POSITION: AUGUST 14, 2023 TO MAY 10, 2024
*Continuing part time positions work full time regular weekly hours each academic year.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Reporting to the Program Manager of Applied Sciences & Engineering Technology Computer Studies, Metal Trades departments, the Lab Assistant provides strong leadership,
guidance, and support to the Environmental Applied Science Technology (EAST) students in the lab and field environment. The successful candidate will be responsible to:
• Provide support to Learning Managers by coordinating and participating in various training sessions and organizing and demonstrating lab and field activities.
• Provide lab support during instructional classes, maintain student files, and participate in the design and writing of lab and field activities.
• Plan, lead, and coordinate lab activities and correct laboratory reports.
• Assist students by providing direction on where to find learning materials, help students to identify College academic supports, assist with course mapping and action plans and support student program needs, as necessary.
• Provide administrative support regarding program content, scheduling, student requests, and program quality initiatives. This may include managing College QMS documentation, assisting in administering academic alerts, participating in scheduling activities, booking appointments, ordering supplies/resources, and pricing equipment.
• Store and maintain inventory and sign-out of laboratory and field equipment.
• Maintain an inventory of consumable supplies, assist in the maintenance of laboratory cultures, and ensure proper storage and disposal of waste is followed.
• Other duties as required.
• Graduate of a two-year Environmental Technology program or BSc. A combination of education and relevant experience may be considered.
• A minimum of two years’ experience which includes an emphasis in biology, chemistry, and/or microbiology.
• Demonstrate communication (oral and written, including technical writing) skills.
• Ability to work with people and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
• Strong computer skills with experience in Microsoft Office software and other software including graphing and statistical analysis.
• Skills with mapping including use of GPS is considered an asset.
• Must possess a driver’s license and a willingness to transport students on field trips and obtain a class 4 license.
Equal opportunity will be given to applicants of diverse backgrounds, Holland College welcomes applications from individuals with marginalized identities and accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. In keeping with the terms and provisions of the College’s various employment and collective agreements, priority may be given to internal candidates.
You must sign in to apply for this position.