Lake Design is a full-service creative & web agency that focuses on building world-class websites. Our diverse client base includes 100+ clients from across North America with a focus on the tourism industry. We build all of our websites on Divi – and specialize in a wide range of custom plugin solutions that we incorporate into our client’s websites or sell independently.
Lake Design, a PEI-based Creative & Web Design Agency, is looking to hire for a remote full-time front-end website designer – that is a Divi expert – and has graphic design skills.
This is a remote position with working hours based on North America Eastern time zone.
Please review this entire page before submitting your application.
Our custom plugins are built to integrate with our Divi websites and include an advanced events calendar, directories, smart search, recipe database, account portals, etc.
While all of our websites are built on Divi, we add elements to every website that are unique – and coded by hand – with HTML, CSS, and sometimes JS.
We love what we do, and we are very good at it.
While we take the quality of the work we produce very seriously – we don’t take ourselves too seriously. Fun, flexibility and empowerment are some of our most important company values. We expect you to come into this role with your own ideas & inspiration and for you to be able to run with them with little supervision.
We have an office on Prince Edward Island, Canada, and plan to expand to an office in Victoria, British Columbia over the next year. The majority of our team works remotely, and we use Slack, Zoom & Asana to communicate daily. We have one mandatory daily-huddle on zoom Monday-Friday at the same time each day, to discuss what we have completed the day before, what we are completing that day, roadblocks, and wins.
- The candidate must have expert experience in Divi web design and be highly motivated to do exceptional work.
- Primary responsibilities include building new WordPress based websites on Divi and working on existing WordPress web design projects directly with Lake project managers and team.
- We are seeking a candidate that will take initiatives and will approach projects with a confident and positive attitude in a fast paced environment.
- Ensure all pages are optimized for mobile and tablet screens.
- Research and evaluate new design trends.
- Integrating third-party WordPress plugins (ex. Gravity Forms, Yoast, Mailchimp).
- An organized and great communicator.
- Attending a daily remote 20 minute zoom meeting with the team to check in on progress and discuss roadblocks.
- 5+ years of web design experience
- 3+ years of experience with WordPress & Divi builder
- Knowledge of HTML and CSS for styling
- An eye for quality design and UI/UX
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication skills
- Highly attentive to details
- Self-motivated and self-disciplined
Nice To Have:
- Experience with vector-based design in Illustrator
- Basic video editing ability to piece together video clips for the above the fold of a website
- Advanced CSS knowledge for animations, effects, and SVG manipulation
Currently, our primary developer is responsible for setting up the WordPress installation and installing the Lake Design Child Theme. They will also create the Header and Footer for the website.
Our creative director will set the tone for the overall website by leading the onboarding meetings, establishing the branding, selecting fonts and colors, and designing the homepage.
For the first three months, we would like you to complete the remaining inner pages and maintain consistency with the design theme. We encourage and require creativity and uniqueness in your work. This three month-period will be considered a training period to learn how Lake Design operates, our design requirements, the in’s and out’s of our clients, etc.
After the first three months, we expect you to take over the responsibility of designing the homepage and the rest of the website. While the creative director will still play a role in onboarding meetings and reviewing inspiration with you, you will have full control over the overall design and layout.
As you grow into this role, we expect you to take charge of a division of our company that builds Divi Websites and work full-time to create these websites with a considerable degree of creative control.
- Work remotely
- 2 weeks paid vacation
- Paid day off on your birthday month
- Great benefits plan; including extended health, dental, vision, and life insurance
- 1 book from amazon / indigo mailed directly to you every month
To apply, please email your resume and portfolio* with the subject line: Divi Web Designer Application.
Please include a link to 3 Divi Websites that you have created that showcase your abilities, and let us know in 1-2 sentences for each why you believe they are a good representation of your skills.
*We love to see a portfolio that displays the full range of your abilities and includes live examples of websites you designed.
You must sign in to apply for this position.