Treasury Board Secretariat - Corporate Finance
The Department of Finance and the Treasury Board Secretariat is committed to Equity, Diversity, Inclusion and Accessibility. Our goal is to build a public sector workforce that reflects the diverse communities we serve and to promote welcoming, diverse, inclusive, respectful workplaces that are accessible to all. We welcome all interested individuals including Indigenous People, persons with disabilities, Black, racialized, ethnic and culturally diverse groups, as well as people regardless of their sexual orientation, gender identities, and gender expressions. Those looking for more information are invited to visit our Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion Policy.
The Director of Finance is a senior management position assigned to the Department of Housing, Land and Communities responsible to advise and support the Ministers, Deputy Ministers and Directors of the Department. The Director provides senior management leadership in the financial administration of the Department, and provides oversight, direction and advice to maintain the financial accountability for the Department. The Director is responsible for all aspects of the Department’s financial and corporate management, including budgeting and financial planning, forecasting and financial reporting, internal controls, contracts and contribution agreements, compliance with Treasury Board Policies & Procedures, and Executive Council / Treasury Board Memoranda. The Director and other staff assigned to the Department will provide financial support for capital projects and contract negotiations.
Job Duties Include:
- Provide overall direction and leadership to the financial administration of the department;
- Provide the Minister and Deputy Minister with advice and opinions on the financial administration of all sections/programs within the Department. The Director will provide independent information and analysis of programs and activities managed by other Departmental Directors;
- Direct the budget planning, forecasting and reporting processes, and provide leadership in setting financial objectives for the Department and provide the Minister and Deputy Minister advice and support on the Departments budget and forecast documents;
- Advise and assist directors and managers in quarterly forecasting and annual budget preparations;
- Provide high quality advice, assistance, and information to the Minister, Deputy Minister, and Department Divisions pertaining to the financial implications on strategic and operational planning;
- Provide expert, contextualized advice on the financial implications for current policy and legislation and provide leadership and direction to planning, policy analysis and development, and legislative initiatives;
- Provide overall direction and leadership to the financial administration of the capital project;
- Directing work plans and managing performance;
- Maintain a positive work environment;
- Other duties as required.
- Applicants must have a Degree in Business Administration or related field, and a Professional Accounting Designation;
- Extensive experience in leadership and financial management at a senior level, preferably management within the Public Service;
- Requires extensive knowledge of Oracle Financial Information System or similar financial system;
- Must have sound knowledge of accounting and audit principles;
- Requires excellent organizational and communication skills, strong interpersonal, leadership, conflict resolution, and collaborative skills and the ability to plan and think strategically;
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills are required;
- Knowledge of Oracle, People Soft, and internal computer applications is essential;
- Demonstrated problem solving ability with the ability to negotiate with and motivate others;
- Applicants must have a good previous work and attendance record. The successful applicant must provide a satisfactory Criminal Records Check prior to beginning employment;
- Additional relevant education and experience will be considered an asset.
Please Note: Please ensure the application clearly demonstrates how you meet the noted qualifications as applicants will be screened based on the information provided. The successful candidate will be the only individual receiving written notification of competition results. The “Notification of Successful Candidates” list posted on the Employment Opportunity board will serve to inform all other applicants of competition results.
Salary Range: Salary Range: $51.61 – $64.52 per hour (Level 25 Excluded)
Bi-Weekly Hours: Bi-Weekly Hours: 75.0 hours bi-weekly
Posting ID: Posting ID: 160053-1123TBSPO
Please ensure that the appropriate Posting ID number is stated on all application forms.
You must sign in to apply for this position.