Native Council of PEI
The Nanegkam Housing Corporation is looking for a Bookkeeper/Administrative Assistant that would work out of McAulay court office. The Bookkeeper/Administrative Assistant must maintain and friendly and professional manner. The main duties include answering phones, transferring messages, day-to-day financial management, processing/receiving payments, and greeting community members and guests.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Responding to, preparing, and following up on information requests.
• Field telephone calls, take messages and respond to inquiries.
• Maintain a courteous and professional manner when greeting business associates, clients, and members.
• Ability to organize work and carry out the duties of the position with independence.
• Handle the administrative functions of the finance office including reviewing all incoming invoices, expense claims and preauthorized debits for accuracy.
• Code and post all pre-authorized payments and bank charges monthly.
• Monitor all utilities accounts, download, code, and post in a timely manner.
• Prepare bank deposits and perform typical office errands.
• Daily filing and records management.
• Work with the Nanegkam Housing Manager and Finance Director to assist in the annual audit process.
• With the approval of the Housing Manager, prepare and issue payments to employees, executives, and contractors.
• Process accounts payable and receivable transactions for multiple departments.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
• Successful completion of a minimum 2-year diploma program in a relevant field or demonstrated experience.
• Experience with Sage 50 (or similar software).
• Strong knowledge of Excel and other Microsoft Office Apps.
• Candidate must possess a valid driver’s license and have daily access to a reliable vehicle.
• Criminal record check is required.
You must sign in to apply for this position.