Dairy Farmers of PEI
Dairy Farmers of Prince Edward Island (DFPEI) is the marketing and administrative organization for all PEI dairy producers. It is established under the Natural Products Marketing Act to regulate and administer the Dairy Industry in Prince Edward Island. Dairy Farmers of Prince Edward Island receive their authority through an Order in Council from the provincial government.
DFPEI is currently seeking an Assistant General Manager/Controller who will lead all financial aspects of DFPEI to ensure financial sustainability, analyze complex financial information, oversee transactional operations including quotas, payments, regulatory compliance, manage Finance Department staff, and acts as General Manager in the GM’s absence. This position will be a replacement for the current Assistant General Manager/Controller,and the person hired will be working with them to learn the position until their retirement.
RESPONSIBILITIES and DUTIES;
- Plan, organize, implement, and evaluate the financial policies, systems, processes, and reporting practices of the organization
- Prepare documentation for the third-party, year-end audit including preparing all year-end adjustments, accounts receivable confirmation letters, draft year-end financial statements, and producer revenues balance sheets
- Evaluate financial reporting systems, accounting procedures and investment activities and make recommendations for changes to procedures, operating systems, budgets, and other financial control functions the GM and Board
- Prepare or coordinate the preparation of financial statements, summaries, and other cost-benefit analyses and fiscal management reports
- Verifies interprovincial milk movement obligation calculations, fluid milk imports to PEI and coordinates inter-provincial milk movement activities
- Coordinates cost of production study activities for PEI, including the provision of participants’ information such as production data, milk revenues, and quota data to the COP data collector
- Distribute COP data summary results and documentation to COP participants
- Verifies and authorizes payments for operating expenses, production credit transfers, quota exchange and payments for milk sales
- Prepares official responses to requests made to the Board regarding quota transfers and catastrophe requests
- Prepares and circulates the monthly Milk Transfer Report to partner provinces
- Assumes GM job responsibilities when absent and assists the GM as requested
- Allocate material, human, and financial resources to implement policies and programs
- Recruits, trains, and manages finance staff
- Other duties, as assigned
- University degree in business accounting, administration, economics, or a related field
- Experience in financial management
- Proficiency in accounting software and Microsoft Office
- Strong mathematical and analytical skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
Desirable Skills and Knowledge;
- 4+ years of working experience in a regulated or agricultural policy environment
- Demonstrated understanding of policy development and implementation
- Dairy industry knowledge
DFPEI offers a competitive salary starting at a minimum of $60,000 per year with a final determination to be based on education, qualifications and experience, benefits (including health and dental), and an RRSP matching package.
You must sign in to apply for this position.