EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY: PRINCE OF WALES CAMPUS
CONTINUING POSITION COMMENCING ASAP WORKING 37.5 HRS/WK.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Holland College is seeking a highly skilled and service-oriented individual to provide administrative and financial support for the Applied Research Department. Reporting to the Director, the successful candidate will:
- Provide administrative support and assist in coordinating activities related to the Applied Research Department.
- Develop a system to maintain and collect project data and ensure that it is timely, relevant, and accurate for internal and external reporting purposes.
- Prepare all research budgets for posting and monitor cash flows & expenditures.
- Review and ensure all NSERC purchases align with eligibility criteria and guidelines.
- Responsible for accessing & extracting information from the NSERC Portal.
- Liaise with various research teams and external partners to ensure smooth financial management of funding commitments.
- Prepare financial reporting as per funding requirements and fiscal year.
- Support completion of quarterly claims to Springboard Atlantic, NRC-IRAP and other.
- Ensure timely invoices are created for industry partners.
- Create and submit stub budgets and deferrals of research project funds to subsequent year.
- Assist in creating marketing materials, manage the Applied Research department’s social media accounts and assist in organizing and promoting events.
- Other duties as required.
- Post-secondary education in Business or office administration with a minimum of two-years recent related experience. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Superior communications skills verbally, electronically and in writing with the ability to adapt style to a variety of purposes and audiences.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to work accurately with figures and detailed records.
- A strong commitment to excellence in customer service.
- Advanced proficiency in MS Office software (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.).
- Some knowledge of contract administration and budget preparation is preferred
WHY WORK FOR US?
Staff is recognized as being integral to the success of Holland College, our learners, and our community. We are dedicated to staff success, both personally and professionally.
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit your resume, cover letter, and three references quoting the competition number 23-76.
Equal opportunity will be given to applicants of diverse backgrounds, Holland College welcomes applications from individuals with marginalized identities and accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. In keeping with the terms and provisions of the College’s various employment and collective agreements, priority may be given to internal candidates.
You must sign in to apply for this position.