Amsted Canada Inc., is not only a leader in the manufacture of industrial components, we are a company where you are the driver of your own career. At Amsted Canada Inc., we know that our employees are at the heart of our world-class business, and we value you and want you to excel with us. We spend time understanding where you want your career to go and help you get there by offering the support and resources that will allow you to grow with us. At Amsted Canada Inc., we also encourage a spirit of Innovation by allowing time and space to experiment, to think differently and to challenge the status quo. If this is the type of environment where you believe you will thrive, we encourage you to join us.
Operating under the Amsted Industries umbrella since 1962, today we are meeting the growing needs of a global market with over 80 facilities across six continents. Amsted Canada Inc. has established a new business center in downtown Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island. We are elevating our global technology teams in several areas including but not limited to Engineering, Security, Development, Infrastructure, Emerging Technology, and SAP. These teams are instrumental in providing support to all Amsted Industries entities locations worldwide.
We have an exciting opportunity for an Advanced Designer for Baltimore Aircoil Company, an Amsted Industries entity. For more than 80 years, Baltimore Aircoil Company has been leading the HVAC, Industrial and Refrigeration industries in developing and implementing customized cooling solutions that not only provide substantial energy savings for customers but conserve the most precious resources on the planet.
The Advanced Designer will be participating in the Global Engineering Group and will be responsible for delivering complex designs. These designs meet functional and manufacturability requirements while maintaining accuracy and adherence to the BAS’s Global Design Standards and compliance to application regulatory requirements. The Advanced Designer reports directly to the Design Team Lead. They will work directly with the lead Engineer, Designers, Cross-functional members and/or project manager of any projects in which they participate.
What we offer you:
- Autonomy to help drive the development of our growing office on Prince Edward Island in a role that will impact our growth and how we work across all functions at Amsted Canada Inc.
- Highly competitive compensation and benefits package that only begins with a strong base salary commensurate with skills and abilities, but includes annual incentive opportunities and a comprehensive benefits package
- Investment into your personal and professional development to ensure you remain at the top of your field and can reach your goals
- Being a part of team who cares about YOU – the professional and the person
What you will do:
- Design complex sub-assemblies and product modules with general direction of design intent per BAC’s and industry’s standards
- Explore the impact that proposed designs will have on other subsystems, parts and assemblies
- Provide support for Special Design Quotes and job support for customer orders
- Support product improvement and cost-out opportunities
- Participate with product development project teams on pilot fabrication and assembly
- Provide support for Manufacturing, Marketing, Application and Sales, Field issues and Warranty Services
- Estimates scope of work and efforts for given assignments.
- Maintain a detailed record of work
- Proficiency in 3D modeling software (Autodesk Inventor or equivalent)
- Autodesk Vault or equivalent system knowledge
- Proficiency in 2D engineering / technical drawing
- Sheet metal design experience
- Hands-on prototype building and testing experience
- Highly Variable and modular product design
- Working understanding of product development cycle and new product introduction process is a plus
- HVAC / Refrigeration system working knowledge
Compensation & Benefits:
- Excellent base salary and targeted annual bonus structure (Entry Salary: $50,000 plus bonus; Salary will be determined based on skills, ability, and qualifications)
- Comprehensive employee benefits package including medical, dental, life and disability insurance, salary continuation, and a health spending account
- Tuition reimbursement
- Fitness reimbursement credit
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Technical Certificate with 3-5 years of experience
- CAD certificate preferred or min 3 Years (4000 hours) of hands-on CAD experience
This position requires travel both domestically and internationally up to 25% of the time. This position is being filled in our Charlottetown office and is not available for remote work at this time.
Amsted Canada Inc. offers employees the stability of an established industry leader, along with the chance to learn, grow, advance, and make a difference. As a private company and 100% employee-owned, we are all stakeholders in this business and all have a common goal to make this company not only a profitable company, but also a place to grow our careers. We strive to be a place that people are attracted to, and we go steps beyond to make sure our employees are happy on the job – and away from it.
Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT
You must sign in to apply for this position.