How to be a White Manager/Leader Who is Inclusive & Anti-Racist: A Workshop
September 23 @ 1:00 pm - 4:00 pmCAD$282.50
About this event
This practical and interactive 3-hour workshop:
1. Is designed for leaders who manage racialized staff and those who are interested in supporting and building organizational cultures of inclusion and belonging;
2. Will connect longitudinal research, critical race theory and industrial/organizational psychology to support meaningful changes in organizations;
3. Will focus on execution strategies for people leadership practices.
Attendees will learn:
1. Evidence-based recruiting strategies that you can use to attract and interview a diverse and qualified candidate pool that yields effective results;
2. How to identify when performance issues are related to systemic barriers versus the need for supports and performance coaching when managing employees of color;
3. How to support your organization in implementing substantive and meaningful EDI action plans;
4. How to create and implement practical HR strategies that are not based on racist and oppressive foundations, such as meritocracy, mentorship, ERGs, etc.;
5. How to have uncomfortable conversations about race and racism in the workplace with White colleagues and employees of color.
While this workshop is designed for White managers and leaders, Whiteness is pervasive. We encourage everyone who manages/leads to attend.
• Bulk discounts or reduced rates based on financial need are available, please reach out to Amanda directly: firstname.lastname@example.org
• If you would like your organization to be invoiced directly, please email Amanda.
• Please let us know if you would like a certificate of attendance.